This position will be responsible for designing, developing, testing and releasing SOC FPGAs associated with leading edge battery powered, handheld consumer electronic products. Responsibilities include: System Architecture, FPGA SOC Architecture, FPGA RTL coding, FPGA simulation, FPGA physical design (synthesis, P&R), lab bring-up & validation and vendor interfacing. In this role you will have autonomy and opportunity to lead and establish initial processes and mechanisms for developing and testing new FPGAs from the ground up. The role will provide you with excellent experience in modern, handheld, FPGA/ARM SOC/RF products and IOT technologies. The candidate for this position should be a senior FPGA engineer with excellent hands-on experience in the complete life cycle of a modern FPGA. The candidate should have a track record of successfully designing for quality, test, manufacturing and volume.
You will be joining a world-class team of RF, Hardware, Software, SaaS, and AI developers in an exciting new early-stage startup. Lassen Peak will revolutionize the contentious and dangerous physical security procedure of a “patdown” with an electronic “virtual search” which will be faster, safer, and more socially accepted by all parties. You will have significant leeway in your design project and will be able to make a huge impact on the company, business and market. We are looking for a proactive self-starter who is passionate about developing great product designs and about the space we are in.
The position is located in the Bellevue or Bay area (or possibly remote) and carries with it a very competitive salary, benefits and equity package commensurate with an early-stage startup company.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- BSEE or equivalent experience
- 6-10 years of experience, including lead technical role on multiple commercial FPGA projects
- Expertise in modern Xilinx (AMD) and Altera (Intel) FPGAs
- Expertise in Verilog / System Verilog RTL design and coding
- Xilinx embedded architecture and tool chains including synthesis, P&R and timing closure
- Verilog / System Verilog digital logic simulation experience
- Experience with lab validation and HW/SW bringup
- Good communications and presentation skills
- Leadership of FPGA technology, architecture, and FPGA consulting groups
- Ability to interface with software, FPGA and RF/Analog teams
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Embedded ARM SOC and AXI bus experience
- Linux experience including Xilinx PetaLinux
- Digital Signal Processing experience. Algorithm and/or implementation levels
- Experience with analog electronics and ADC / DAC a plus
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python is a plus
- Knowledge of DSP and radar based systems and architectures is a plus
For more information, please forward questions and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Product Development|