Senior Digital Hardware Designer
This position will be responsible for developing, testing and releasing board level digital designs associated with battery powered, handheld consumer electronic products. Responsibilities include: digital system design, component selection, schematic capture, interface to PCB board designers, interface to 3rd party fabrication and assembly, lab test & validation and interface to manufacturing. The core digital components will likely include a Xilinx SOC, network connectivity, analog to digital converters, an LCD screen and other electronic components. The components and PCB need to be designed for large-scale manufacturing at low cost. The candidate for this position should be a senior designer of high-speed digital circuitry and should have a track record of successfully designing for test, manufacturing and volume.
You will be joining a world-class team of RF, Hardware, Software, SaaS, and AI developers in an exciting new early-stage startup. Lassen Peak will revolutionize the contentious and dangerous physical security procedure of a “patdown” with an electronic “virtual search” which will be faster, safer, and more socially accepted by all parties. You will have significant leeway in your design project and will be able to make a huge impact on the company, business and market. We are looking for a proactive self-starter who is passionate about developing great product designs and about the space we are in.
The position is located in the Seattle area and carries with it a very competitive salary, benefits and equity package commensurate with an early-stage startup company.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- BSEE or equivalent experience
- 6-10 years of experience, including lead technical role on multiple HW designs
- Design of high-volume PCBs including component selection
- Schematic development and PCB Layout
- Low power digital design
- Handheld digital design
- PCB debug and FCC testing
- Good communications and presentation skills
- Ability to interface with software, FPGA, mechanical engineering and manufacturing teams
Additional Desirable Skills:
- C/C++ coding skills is a plus
- Xilinx embedded system architectures and tool chains
- Verilog coding skills is a plus
- Experience with analog electronics
- Experience with power system design
- Experience with scripting languages like Python is a plus
- Knowledge of DSP and radar based systems and architectures is a plus
For more information, please forward questions and resume to email@example.com
|Job Category||Product Development|